The Georgia Public Safety Training Center, a.k.a. GPSTC, offers more than 50 public safety independent online courses that can be completed from the comfort of your home or office, on your schedule. These courses also include the State of Georgia mandated training such as:
- Use of Deadly Force
- De-escalation techniques and alternatives
- Community Policing
The exception being the firearms re-qualification courses, where the officers are required to qualify with all agency issued/carried firearms.
To aid the continuous development of Georgia certified officers, GPSTC has developed a host of courses to keep them up to date on some of the latest training or to serve as refreshers for courses taken earlier. Some of those courses include:
- Annual Legislative Updates
- Building Positive Community Relations
- Cultural Awareness
- De-escalation Options for Gaining Compliance
- Due Regard
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Evidence Collection & Preservation
- Family Violence
- Financial Identity Theft & Fraud
- Fostering Positive Community Relations
- Georgia Uniform Motor Vehicle Crash Report Training
- Human Trafficking
- Introduction to Gangs in Georgia
- Introduction to Terrorism
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- Law Enforcement and Animal Encounters
- Mental and Emotional Wellness
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs: An Introduction
- Police Legitimacy and Procedural Justice for Community Relations
- RADAR Refresher
- Searching Motor Vehicles
- Sexual Assault Investigations
- Transporting Prisoners
- Vehicle Pullovers
To see the full slate of GPSTC independent online courses please visit: https://access.gpstc.org/student/classes/calendar/
How does one register for and complete the online courses?
- Using the above link, click the Login option
- If you have an account already established with GPSTC, enter your Student ID and password
- If you are new to the GPSTC site and do not have a student profile
- Select the “Login” option
- On the Student Access page, select “Account Setup”
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit the required information
- After confirmation of account setup, you will be assigned a Student ID. Make a note of this and save it, because you will need it in the future.
- On the Login page,
- Enter your GPSTC assigned Student ID or email address used during the account setup process
- Enter the password your created for your account
- Select the “Login” button
- There is a Help Center on the far right of the page to assist, if needed
- Congratulations, you are now logged into the GPSTC site and can begin your online training at your leisure.
- On the “Course Listings” page, GPSTC course types are filtered by selecting the down arrow in the criteria field under “Filter Courses”. This selects the type of course desired. For independent online courses, select “Independent Online Courses”.
- Browse the list to select the course of choice and follow all on-screen prompts to register and acknowledge your selection
- Follow the directions given for starting and completing the course
- All students MUST complete the entire course, including required readings, quizzes, final exam and course evaluation to receive credit.
Note: It is recommended that Firefox, Google Chrome or another compatible web browser be used to access the GPSTC online courses. Some browsers will not display some of the graphics and videos embedded in the online courses correctly or at all.